December 20, 2014

Ferguson prosecutor admits putting liars on the stand

Buzzfeed - In his first interview since announcing Officer Darren Wilson would not be indicted in the shooting of Mike Brown, St. Louis County Prosecutor Bob McCulloch told radio station KTRS that he allowed witnesses he knew were lying to testify to the grand jury.
    KTRS: Why did you allow people to testify in front of the grand jury in which you knew their information was either flat-out wrong, or flat-out lying, or just weren’t telling the truth?

    McCulloch: Well, early on, I decided that anyone who claimed to have witnessed anything was going to be presented to the grand jury.

    And I knew that no matter how I handled it, there would be criticism of it. So if I didn’t put those witnesses on, then we’d be discussing now why I didn’t put those witnesses on. Even though their statements were not accurate.

    So my determination was to put everybody on and let the grand jurors assess their credibility, which they did. This grand jury poured their hearts and souls into this. It was a very emotional few months for them. It took a lot of them.

    I wanted to put everything on there.

    I thought it was much more important to present everything and everybody, and some that, yes, clearly were not telling the truth. No question about it.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were the jurors even told by prosecution that some of the witnesses would be absolutely lying? I doubt it.

Sure, as a juror, one should have a healthy skepticism for everything one hears in court, but this seems excessively dishonest on the part of the prosecutor.

Anonymous said...

No kidding "excessively dishonest". I would guess that he would score high on Hare's psychopathy checklist.

Anonymous said...

The liars were from both camps. That should come as no surprise. At least the truth finally saw the light of day, in spite of the lynch mobs, anarchy, and lawless people's reactions and rush to judgement.